Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"


For all of you out there who know exactly what you want to do with your life- this post does not apply to you, congratulations. For those of you who are in the same boat as I am and have no idea where you are going to end up, keep reading. As long as I can remember people would always ask me what I wanted to be when I grow up. When I was a kid I was able to get away with naming off the most bizarre career choices- a Princess, an elephant trainer, the President, a monkey.
As you age all of a sudden you are supposed to know exactly what you want to be and how to achieve that, and no, a monkey is no longer an option. All throughout High School, while being "prepared" for University, we were to determine the future career we would like to pursue. This was a very important factor in my 10th grade Careers class, after all you had to decide whether or not you should be taking "University" or "College" path courses- what is with that anyway? There are so many options though! Lawyer, doctor, teacher, marry rich! I personally am still pursuing the latter of that list. I kid, I kid.
Ah. And here I find myself in my second year of University and still as clueless as I was in High School. I mean, now I know what I like and what I don't. I am taking International Relations within Political Science. Where I am going to end up once I graduate is still a mystery- but I enjoy politics and the world, so it seemed fitting, right? Ideally I would just like to fix the world. You know? Solve all of the major global problems and such. I know I will be okay though! God says he has a great plan for my life, so I guess I just have to trust that I will be let in on that secret soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment