Friday, July 9, 2010

Welcome to 20, Mary.

So I guess it's my birthday. Twenty. There is just something so intimidating about being in my 20's. Part of me is really excited to be entering this new era in my life, while the other part is terrified. I know, what's another birthday, right? I don't look any different, or feel any different; but when you are a kid and think of what your life will be like at 20 and compare that with how life has really played out, you  realize how much you still have left to do. One of my more recent goals was to have my life figured out by 20; I am still figuring. When the time is right, God will let me in on this little secret also known as my future.

My birthday is usually spent working at camp, but this year I am in Montreal doing a french program at the University of Montreal. I guess it is fun in a way, but at the same time I am missing home a lot more. I have only been here a few days, so I am still in the "meeting people" phase. I have never put much significance or emphasis on my birthday, but it is kind of difficult being away from all the people I love when you are so painfully aware of what day it is and all the novelties that come with that day.

My Birthday Wish:
Well besides seeing a unicorn, I would like to see a world where all people felt safe; where hunger and thirst are a thing of the past; where all have access to health care; where all people have equal opportunities; and a world where all have come to know and love their creator.

1 comment:

  1. happy Birthday Mary! I wish you were home too!
    We miss you a lot!
    Gramma is beside me and she sends her love.
    love and prayers,
    mom
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete